Wednesday 19 October 2011

Wind Turbines



These have suddenly appeared about 3 miles from my house. The photos can't possibly convey the sheer size and majesty of these things. I think they're stunning.
As soon as I saw them, I asked Brian if we could drive right up to them to have a better look. We took pictures amid several other people who'd had the same idea. The last turbine (picture 1) was still being contructed.
I remember local people protesting when the plans for these turbines were first being considered. People knocking on my door, pushing flyers through my letterbox. One caught me while I was hanging out my clothes on the washing line. "They're really big", she told me. "I know", I said, smiling. She obviously realised I was a lost cause, and climbed back into her 4x4 and drove off.
I'm so glad her protest didn't succeed.
www.holliesheard.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment